Monday, December 27, 2010

A World of Wastebaskets

papier mache wastebasket with cats

Just in case you didn't find a wastebasket to your liking in yesterday's post, here are a few more that are also worth a look. The one above is from the personal collection of artist Nela Dunato of Croatia and is NOT for sale - but it was so wonderful I wanted to share, anyway. [image used with permission of the artist]


felted wastebaskets in lilac, green and orange

These felted ones - in three sizes, and 38 colors! - come from Hey-Sign in Germany and can be bought here. And of course, these lovely items could be used for something other than a wastebasket!


Lego head wastebasket

And here's another fun wastebasket - or papierkorb - I found on a German site. Update on Nov. 21, 2011: I'm no longer finding this on the site where I first saw it, but I found it here.


wastebasket with inner basket and cover

Ideaco - based in Osaka, Japan - brings us the Tubelor, in two different sizes. As Emmo Home says: "Just place trashbags in the inner wastebascket and then cover it with the colorful tube on top, you will never have to worry about the appearance of ugly trashbags again!" You can also get the large and the small versions from MollaSpace. Both Emmo Home and MollaSpace are located in California. [via Apartment Therapy and Better Living Through Design]


reverse glass wastebasket

And while this "reverse glass" wastebasket comes from Peru, it's another one that's sold in the U.S.

6 comments:

Julie Bestry said...

You've really outdone yourself, Jeri, with two days of wastebaskets that are almost too attractive to hold trash! You are definitely the organizing product maven! These all remind me of the "People Pail" I had as a kid. These were popular (way back when) but there's no sign of them on the web now. Picture a 2 1/2 foot cylinder with a cartoonish person's body and face, and a hard plastic domed "hairstyle" for the lid. I still miss that People Pail, but it stands guard in my childhood room (many) decades later.

Jeri Dansky said...

Thanks, Julie - these were fun posts to write! And when you get a chance, I would love to see a photo of that People Pail. (How odd that there's not one on the web. We can rectify that!)

Jacki Hollywood Brown said...

What beautiful waste baskets. I don't think I could buy them because I would think they are too beautiful to use!

Thanks for sharing beauty and organization!

Cynthia Friedlob said...

Great assortment of styles for everyone! I particularly liked yesterday's recycled newspaper wastebasket, but the one today from Ideaco demonstrates how a functional item that's been around for ages can be improved by clever design.

Jeri Dansky said...

Jacki, I love the chance to combine beauty and organization. I know sometimes a plastic bin is the right answer, but other times ...

Cynthia, glad you liked the assortment. I've got to admit I was particularly pleased with this batch, myself. :-)

Weiße Bettwäsche said...

These Wastebaskets were too beautiful. to use it as wastebasket...